In Service Inspector
|Location:||Fort McMurray, Alberta|
|Job Family:||Engineering - Asset Integrity|
Our Integrity team implements a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment and corrosion management technologies to ensure that our programs are executed with optimal effectiveness. As an In-Service Inspector, you will interface closely with Safety, Engineering, and Operations groups, and gain exposure to all technical elements of pipelines, pressure equipment, tanks and structural components. The opportunity to deal with a wide variety of assets for the full life-cycle, from design and commissioning through to close-down and decommissioning, means that you will be able to utilize and develop your expertise across a broad range of processes, workflows and technologies. There is also the opportunity for real career development, and to take ownership and responsibility for your own production area.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Ensure that Canadian Natural personnel and contractors meet the requirements of the Owner-user program and the Reliability and Risk based programs by the way of inspections and audits
• Support reinstatement of repairs and alterations of pressure equipment
• Facilitation of Root Cause Failure analysis and problem solving,
• Manage code interpretation and application of all components of the Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation
• Provide key input to the Pressure Safety Relief device management process
• Evaluate corrosion survey inspections and act on results to ensure repair or replacement occurs before failure of the component
• Support capital projects through identification of proper materials and weld procedures for the specific application as well as assist with identification and application of the appropriate codes and standards
• Support Pre Start Safety Reviews, Management of Change Coordination and Implementation
• Ensure documentation management and control for all Quality Documents is up to date
• Perform internal and external inspections of in-service equipment such as pressure vessels, boiler, fired heats, and process piping and reacting to the daily inspection needs of the plant
• Work with Operations, Maintenance and Process Control to identify opportunities for asset integrity management improvements to enhance equipment integrity and bottom line performance
• Administer and implement the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management (PIEM) Program and asset integrity inspections, including:
o Process condition monitoring for corrosion impacts
o Thickness survey data analysis
o Plant surveillance
o Turnaround inspection and planning
o Optimization of the PEIM program
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an In Service Inspector in the petrochemical, refining or upgrading industry
• Completion of a Mechanical, Metallurgical, Materials or Welding Engineering Technology Program and certified or be eligible for registration with ASET
• Certification as an ABSA Certified Pressure Vessel Inspector is a requirement for this position. Candidates without this certification will be considered upon the understanding that certification shall be obtained during employment
• Preference will be given to candidates with an API-510, API-570, API-653, NB-23 or CWB level 2 certifications.
• CGSB level 2 NDT certifications are desirable
• Significant experience with in-service inspections of pressure equipment, boilers, fired heaters, tanks, psv's and pressure piping
• Knowledge of applicable industrial codes and standards is a requirement
• ABSA certification as a welding examiner is an asset
• Able to balance multiple priorities and coordinate several jobs at the same time.
To see related Asset Integrity Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Asset-Integrity
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural