The Property Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of the property accounting cycle. As a Property Accountant you will be responsible for the full property accounting cycle, including volumetric submission, analyzing revenue and royalties and ensuring government compliance.
**Please Note: This is a contract position for a 6 month period **
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Gather and analyze production data and confirm pipeline deliveries
• Communicate sales splits and generate volumetric, Crown, ORR and Freehold reports
• Submitting volumetric, SAFOAF, and other related reports to Petrinex
• Uploading or entering production data into PAS as well as maintaining setups in a very dynamic environment
• Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders; Field Operations, Engineering, and Government agencies
• Book and analyze revenues, royalties and process charges on a monthly basis
• Meeting government compliance requirements on Enhanced Production Audit Programs (EPAP) & Compliance Assessment Indicators (CAI)
• Responding to internal and external queries in a timely manner
• A degree in Accounting or Business Administration, and working knowledge of Management Information Systems would be an asset
• 5+ years of progressive production and revenue accounting experience
• Canadian Association of Petroleum Property Accounting (CAPPA) Certification
• Expertise In:
o Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
o Proficiency in PAS, Enterprise One, QBLM; and working knowledge of Essbase
o Self-starter with strong analytical, account reconciliation, problem solving and organizational skills
o Working in a highly analytical role, effective communication skills, team work and a desire to learn are essential for success for this position
o Ability to use information systems to create business efficiencies would be an asset.
To see related Accounting and Finance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Accounting-and-Finance
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.