The Joint Venture (JV) Audit Specialist will primarily plan and perform audits on Canadian Natural non-operated properties. You will also be responsible for reviewing and answering audit queries raised by JV partners on Canadian Natural operated properties. This role will provide the chosen candidate with the unique opportunity to strengthen and advance their specialized skillset in JV auditing while working on challenging, complex, and rewarding projects in the oil and gas industry.
** Please note this is a Temporary 1 year contract position based in Calgary, Alberta**
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Plan and perform audits on:
o Production revenue, allocation, processing fees, royalties and measurement
o JV capital and operating expenses, payouts and other areas as assigned
o Property and asset acquisitions
o Internal joint interests on non-operated & operated properties
• Compile audit queries, report on findings and follow up on audit results including tracking audit adjustments on partners billings to ensure proper credits have been received
• Liaise with other Canadian Natural departments including Production / Operations Accounting and Commercial Operations on JV audit issues
• Set up JV audit files and perform any other administrative functions as required
• The role would be appealing to individuals looking for exciting project work that will result in adding value to the Corporation
• A Bachelor degree complemented with 3-5 years of related industry experience in auditing or production/property accounting and measurement;
• A professional designation is desired. Candidates in the final stage of the professional program will also be considered;
• Proficiency in MS Excel and Word applications is essential;
• Experience with E1 (formerly JD Edwards) is an asset;
• Effective interpersonal communication and administrative skills, combined with a strong work ethic are critical to the success of this position.
To see related positions please visit us at http://cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Accounting-and-Finance
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.