Surface Landman - Temporary
The Surface Landman will be responsible for surface rights acquisition, community relations and consultation and government relations. This role involves a broad portfolio of responsibility including community and stakeholder relations as well as more typical Landman activities.
The following locations are available:
- Grande Prairie, AB
- Slave Lake, AB
**Please note this is a contract position for a period of 12 Months**
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Coordinate and manage land access for well sites, pipelines and facilities including:
o Negotiations for land dealings
o Acquisition of rights for surveying, well sites, pipelines and facilities
o Maintain necessary files and reports relevant to company owned and leased properties
o Oversee contract formulation and interpretation for land acquisition
• Establish and maintain positive relations with all stakeholders, including managing participant involvement and public consultation programs
• Be the ‘go-to’ person within Canadian Natural for all land related issues within the designated area such as: access, relationships with land owners, and surface challenges
• Develop positive working relationships with Indigenous communities local to Canadian Natural’s operations
• Work with Geophysical Operations supervisor on community consultation and government permits
• Keep up to date on policies, regulations and laws relevant to land acquisition in Western Canada
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with a High School diploma or GED with relevant post-secondary education
• Valid Alberta Land Agent and Commissioner for Oaths License considered an asset but not required
• Proof and maintenance of a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, or equivalent, is required
• Expertise in:
o Microsoft Office suite
o Alberta Energy Regulator’s (AER) Directive 56
o Surface lease acquisition and Crown application processes and coordination
o Planning, organizing, and implementing strategies, programs and activities
o Working in a role which requires sound judgment and good negotiation skills; as well as communication, organization and team skills complemented with a strong work ethic
To see related Land roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Land
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural