As a Pipeline Coordinator for our Upstream Oil and Gas operations, you will manage multiple pipeline and well site facilities construction projects while interfacing with multi-discipline and multi-functional teams both in the office and in the field. Utilizing your strong technical background and well developed interpersonal abilities, you will be responsible for ensuring all pipeline and well site projects are initiated and executed in a safe, accurate, cost effective and timely manner and in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements. Canadian Natural operates in the four Western Canadian provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) and you will be responsible for having a thorough understanding of all regulations and regulatory boards within those regions.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Ensure the project scope of work, design and documentation is complete and fully communicated to project stakeholders and contractors
- Assist in specifying and ensuring availability of pipeline material and well site equipment
- Compile and distribute construction packages to field project inspectors
- Prepare and distribute RFP packages for pipeline and well site projects to potential contractors and award contracts to successful proponents
- Co-ordinate with other pipeline staff to complete projects on time and on budget
- Input data and maintain project management system for pipeline activity
- Analyze historical cost data and provide accurate cost estimates as required
- Prepare AFEs for pipeline and well site construction and track associated costs on approved projects
- Enhance productivity by efficiently managing construction resources and schedules
- Promote innovation by providing solutions that reduce construction, operating and maintenance costs for new and existing pipeline infrastructure
- Complete projects on time and on budget by working with production engineers, field operations, surface land staff and contractors
- Enhance communication by keeping all project stakeholders well informed
- Encourage safety awareness and participate in safety meetings to prevent incidents onsite
- Manage multiple pipeline and wellsite construction projects working with field project inspectors
- Conduct regular field visits to scope projects, inspect safety standards and construction activities
- Provide supervision and direction to any safety, quality, scheduling, cost control and regulatory issues that arise on project
- Typically 5+ years of pipeline construction and/or pipeline project coordination experience with relevant technical program Diploma and Certificate or Engineering Degree
- Expertise in:
- Field operations combined with demonstrated supervisory capabilities
- Provincial regulatory bodies, including but not limited to:
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) D-56
- British Columbia Oil and Gas Commission (OGC)
- Pipeline Regulations
- CSA Z662-15 Oil and gas pipeline systems
- AccuMap Software
To see related Technician/Technologist roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Technician-Technologist
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ