As the Field Data Capture Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing, coaching, mentoring and training a team to contribute to the successful growth and development of the Field Data Support team at Canadian Natural Resources. This support includes training, continued projects aimed at improving efficiencies through the use of technology, product release testing, resolution of day to day support calls/tickets, acquisition setup and ensuring stakeholder expectations are properly set through the communication of both team and vendor priorities. There is significant opportunity to leverage your ability to innovate and develop people and processes in order to improve field and accounting operations and make a real difference to the business overall.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS
Further your career at a management level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure scheduling targets are met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Diligently monitor and supervise the Field Data Capture practices to ensure consistency and complete compliance with internal policies and external laws and regulations
• Oversee personnel, resources and activities to plan and execute all factors and steps related to supporting the Field Data Support team
• Work closely with vendors providing input on product roadmaps, reviewing and prioritizing outstanding product bugs/enhancements, reviewing and providing recommendations on existing/new contracts and utilizing vendor expertise for projects undertaken by the team
• Work closely with upstream and downstream users of CNRL’s field data capture systems ensuring the full potential of CNRL’s field data capture systems is being realized
• Prioritize, plan and execute on new and existing projects within the team aimed primarily at improving overall efficiencies through the use of technology
• Communicate current priorities, product roadmaps, upcoming/current projects and product releases with stakeholders
• Ensure acquired assets are setup and functional within CNRL’s field data capture systems in a timely manner
• Maintain and continually improve on testing plans, training plans, support documentation, support templates and the Field Data Support Intranet page
• Detail, communicate and prioritize queries and projects requiring the assistance of the FDC IS team.
• Work closely with direct reports ensuring they understand priorities, feel supported and remain empowered
• Demonstrate leadership abilities. Prior experience in a leadership position would be an asset
• 10+ years of oil and gas operations knowledge and experience. Specific experience with In Situ facilities, Heavy Oil facilities and complex processing facilities would be an asset
• Knowledge and experience with Field Data Capture systems such as PVR/PM Suite or Energy Components. Data collection systems including collection systems (SCADA/Historians) would be considered an asset
• Understanding of general IS processes, IS terminology and development cycles, reporting tools and SQL
• Strong and effective communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced role with a significant number of stakeholders spread across the organization
To see related Accounting and Finance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Accounting-and-Finance
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.