The Performance Analyst will ensure the accuracy and completeness of monthly accounting, forecasting and annual budgeting with respect to the analysis of Corporate operating and capital costs related to Horizon Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Collection and reporting of business area costs, including operating, maintenance and fixed assets (billed and accrued)
• Provide support to business processes that results in improved information analysis
• Perform special projects and provide support as requested by area management
• Develop and maintain appropriate financial controls and provide advice on the internal control environment and opportunities for improvement
• Preparation and analysis of monthly forecasts, annual budget and long range plans for the area
• Coordinate the business area results with senior management and investigate deviations in monthly charges
• Liaise with the Horizon Attest, E1 Development, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Financial Accounting on transaction processing to provide complete analysis
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with University Degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration
• Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
• Expertise in:
o Financial and management accounting
o The Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel
o E1 (formerly JDEdwards) software is considered an asset
To see related Accounting and Finance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Accounting-and-Finance
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.