The Production Accounting Business Systems Analyst performs a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis, and project management. As a Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship between IS, and one or more business areas, implementing new applications, as well as supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications. A Business Systems Analyst may also provide guidance and direction to Systems Analysts and Developers.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Manage the customer relationship between IS and specific business areas
• Support, maintain, enhance and/or upgrade a portfolio of custom and package applications
• Analyze requests for new functionality, and document business cases to justify new application investments
• Develop estimates of effort for design of new, and/or modification to existing, application components
• Design application components to automate and streamline business processes and functions
• Business area planning that includes scheduling and management of application projects
• Understand the architecture of the applications within the groups portfolio
• Plan, assign and monitor daily work assignments for Systems Analysts, Developers and Developer Analysts
• Develop and maintain technical specifications and documentation
• Troubleshoot and repair problems that occur in the everyday use of an application
• Develop cost estimates for the annual IS capital and sustainment budgets
• Typically 8+ years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst and Systems Analyst, preferably in Production Accounting, PAS/PRISM AND Field Data Collection
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly developed analytical skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in business modeling, process modeling, data modeling, and effort/cost modeling and estimating
• Demonstrated proficiency in N-tier application analysis, design and development using the appropriate development environments and tools (Java Enterprise, Tomcat, MS VB.NET/ASP.Net, MS SSRS, and/or Oracle 11C&12C and PL/SQL
• General proficiency with SQL and database query tools such as Microsoft Access and/or SQL+
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
• Exceptional Project Management skills
To see related Information Technology roles at CNRL, visit: http://www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Information-Technology
ABOUT CANADIAN NATURAL
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.