Buyer - Temporary
|Job Family:||Supply Management and Contracts|
The Buyer will assist with the execution of the material and equipment strategy in accordance with the Canadian Natural Supply Management guidelines.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and will require some travel to site.
**Please note this is a contract position for a period of 1 year**
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Interface with stakeholders to develop procurement strategies, plans and schedules and develop relationships.
• Prepare procurement plans for purchase of equipment, spare parts and materials for Operations and Maintenance.
• Manage the RFQ bidding process; prepare the request for quotation documents, receive bids, oversee the bid clarification process, prepare commercial evaluations and make final bid recommendation.
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers to clarify requirements, gain best value and ensure agreement of all terms and conditions.
• Award purchase orders and expedite acknowledgements.
• Post-award administration of the purchase order, including management of change, expediting the deliverables and managing commercial revisions.
• Resolve blocked invoices, OS&D’s and back-charges.
• Manage the purchase order closeout process.
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience in Procurement.
• Expertise in:
o Working in a large industrial setting
o Operations and management processes
o Procurement within an ERP system (i.e. JD Edwards, Maximo, SAP)
To see related Supply Management and Contracts roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Supply-Management-and-Contracts
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural