Asset Integrity Engineer
|Location:||Fort McMurray, Alberta|
|Job Family:||Engineering - Asset Integrity|
The Asset Integrity Engineer is responsible for developing asset integrity and condition management strategies and programs ultimately resulting in increased production at the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
This position is based at our Horizon Oil Sands site in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Site Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead and advise Operations on full life cycle asset integrity engineering of all plant fixed equipment. Apply long-term strategic engineering solutions to prevent corrosion and optimize production
• Ensure the asset registry for all fixed equipment is maintained
• Communicate threats to asset integrity of fixed equipment to operations
• Implement/support risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity
• Implement/support asset integrity condition management strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion management
• Carry out routine analysis of inspection and conditioning management programs, keeping record of asset deterioration patterns and behaviors
• Troubleshoot fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root case analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations
• Maintain ownership of the Degradation Manuals and ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect any changes identified due to process changes, turnaround inspections or monitoring programs
• Support the management of KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program if applicable to the Business Area
• Support the asset integrity continuous improvement program incorporating strategies, polices, codes of practice, procedures, specifications and guidelines
• Contribute your systems and equipment expertise in the Primary Upgrading area to:
o Prevent future corrosion
o Maximize equipment uptime
o Optimize plant shutdowns
o Extend turnaround intervals
o Work with cross functional teams to resolve asset integrity problems ensuring all activities are aligned with comprehensive reliability programs
o Achieve targets and identify asset integrity improvements for plant performance
• 5 to 10 years of pressure equipment integrity/corrosion management engineering experience in a role supporting plant operations
• Engineering Degree or an Engineering Technical Diploma
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA is an asset
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Corrosion and degradation prevention strategies
o Metallurgy, materials, welding and quality assurance
o Pressure Equipment Integrity programs and International standards (ASME)
o Inspection Test Plans and/or risk-based inspections
To see related Asset Integrity Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Asset-Integrity
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural