Our team of Asset Integrity Technologists implement a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment, and corrosion management technologies to ensure that our Asset Integrity Programs are executed with optimal effectiveness. These roles interface closely with Safety, Engineering, and Operations groups, and gain exposure to all technical elements of Asset Integrity for pipelines, pressure equipment, tanks, and structural components. The chance to deal with a wide variety of assets for the full life-cycle from design and commissioning through to close-down and decommissioning means that you will be able to utilize and develop your expertise across a broad range of processes, workflows and technologies.
As a Field Integrity Technologist for the Grande Prairie area, you will be responsible for the coordination of all corrosion and integrity activities while maintaining an environmentally safe and cost effective work environment. You will interact and coordinate with area operating personnel, contract service providers and vendors to support and execute key aspects of Canadian Natural’s Asset Integrity Programs.
This position is based in Grande Prairie, Alberta and is eligible for:
•Relocation to Grande Prairie
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Ensure our assets are safe, reliable and compliant to operate
• Network and exchange ideas with industry field Integrity counterparts
• Provide training and education for the field operators
• Ensure compliance with regulatory regulations and Canadian Natural HSE policies
• Work with the Safety Compliance Coordinator to conduct site audits to ensure regulatory and OH&S compliance
• Manage equipment inventories and coordinate testing and servicing
• Work with the Foreman and Integrity Group on inspection, repair and maintenance issues
• Work with the Asset Integrity teams to continuous improve Canadian Natural’s Asset Integrity Programs
• Follow and implement CNRL pipeline risk management guidelines
• Complete pipeline risk and corrosion assessments
• Follow and implement CNRL Owner User Program for pressure equipment
• Participate in coordination and execution of facility turn arounds
• Provide technical input for pipeline abandonment and discontinuation procedures
• Meet with regulatory representatives to build working relationships
• Develop and maintain maintenance schedules to aid in annual budgeting
• Reconcile and update Canadian Natural’s equipment inventory database using MAXITRAK
• Work with vendors to ensure reporting is accurate and timely
• Coordinate and participate in risk based inspections (RBI’s) to optimize inspection intervals
• Generate Authorizations for Expenditure (AFEs) within area of responsibility
• Typically 5+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry with an engineering diploma or degree
• Class 5 driver’s license
• API 510 Certification would be considered an asset
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Relevant safety standards and environmental regulations
o Budget preparation
o Microsoft Office suite, Accumap and/or Abadata
To see related Technician/Technologist roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Technician-Technologist
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.