As a Property Accountant you will be responsible for all aspects of the property accounting cycle comprising of submitting volumetric, analyzing revenue and royalties and ensuring government compliance. Your ability to use information systems to create business efficiencies would be an asset. We are seeking both junior and intermediate candidates to join the team.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Gather and analyze production data and confirm pipeline deliveries
• Upload and enter well tests, inventories and sales by purchaser into PAS
• Prepare oil, NGL, and gas sales splits and APMC and communicate with partners
• Submit volumetric, SAFOAF, APMC and other related reports to the Petrinex
• Book and analyze revenues, royalties, processing charges, trucking charges and accounts receivables
• Maintain all exception reporting
• Respond to internal and external queries in a timely manner
• Work with the field to meet government compliance requirements on EPAP & CAI
• Resolve Crown discrepancies as they relate to the property
• A degree in Accounting or Business Administration, and working knowledge of Management Information Systems would be an asset
• Registration or eligibility of registration with CAPPA (Canadian Association of Petroleum Accounting) Certification
• 2 - 5+ years of production and revenue accounting experience
• Self-starter with strong analytical, account reconciliation, problem solving, organizational and Excel skills
• Understanding of Property accounting cycle and deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications
• Working in an oil and gas or mining environment would be an asset
To see related Accounting and Finance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Accounting-and-Finance
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.