Reporting to the Applications Engineering Lead, this role will provide an opportunity to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the team with regards to process engineering, DCS controls and modeling. This position will maintain fluid communication with the process engineer, instrumentation and control engineer and operating personnel assigned to the units as well as other working groups within the units.
This position is based at our Horizon Oil Sands site in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton, or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide regular support in the area of process control and interfacing with DCS
• Function as control expert, consulting with process and operations to identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Bitumen Production / Extraction area
• Implement / maintain basic, intermediate and advanced level process control strategies
• Assist in the simulation, modeling and optimization studies of the units
• Ensure controls are aligned with Upgrader operations direction
• Work closely with end-users to train personnel on the effective use of systems
• Day to day and turnaround maintenance, tuning, troubleshooting support
• Generate ideas for improvement, including measurement of benefits and development of project cost/benefit analyses
• Work with panel operations, process engineering and DCS team to implement alarm rationalization
• A degree in Chemical Engineering with emphasis in process controls
• 10+ years of direct experience in oil and gas industry as process engineer or process control engineer
• Experience in oil sands facilities is preferred
• Formalized education and / or hands-on training with process control systems, DCS & PLC systems and plant information systems is essential
• Some experience with process simulation software (e.g. HYSYS) is an asset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven analytical abilities, exceptional problem solving skills
To see related Chemical and Process Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Chemical-and-Process
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.