Mineral Land Administrator
Reporting to the Mineral Land Administration Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for administering Alberta, Saskatchewan Crown, and Freehold leases/licenses as well as CNRL issued Fee leases to ensure that ongoing obligations are met. These obligations include, but are not limited to: rental payments, expiries, continuations, offset and obligation notices. A strong and extensive knowledge of: Alberta, Saskatchewan Crown, Freehold leases, and associated procedures is required for this positon.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Timely input and verification of mineral data to the Land system for acquisition and disposition of Crown and Freehold leases
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including: Exploration/Operations teams, Accounting, partners, and applicable provincial regulatory departments
• Promptly responding to internal and external accounting and audit queries
• Fostering strong relationships with Freehold owners (could remove and add Freehold owners to the list in 2nd point)
• Entering and following up on obligations within the Land system
• Assisting with special projects as required and providing support to Area Negotiators on identified projects
• Typically 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible Mineral Land Administration experience with a Petroleum Land Administration certificate or related post-secondary education.
• A strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and computer land systems is essential, with preference given to candidates who have experience with QBLM
• Flexible, adaptable to change, strong time management and interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude toward a high volume of work with multiple deadlines
• Expertise in:
o Alberta and Saskatchewan Crown leases (continuation, expiries, offsets, etc.)
o Freehold lease terms and associated administration
o Lease assignment, estate issues, caveat registration and withdrawal
o Knowledge of Title/Headlease/Sublease relationships
To see related Land roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Land
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural