|Location:||Fort McMurray, Alberta|
As a key member of the Maintenance Team, the Mechanical Turnaround Planner will contribute to the overall success of the Upgrading and Utilities (U2) business units by keeping work orders and projects on time with realistic and achievable planning initiatives. The role will participate in the overall development of the U2 Maintenance Plan while ensuring that turnaround and outage plans are in place. Planning activities in U2 support the wider business needs of the Horizon Oil Sands operations.
This position is based at our Horizon Oil Sands site in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Develop work packages for: mechanical/rotating/static equipment, piping work in process units, etc
• Manage assigned work orders by priority and completion deadlines
• Execute scope planning as per approved turnaround milestones dates
• Liaise with Operations, Engineering, Asset Integrity, and other key stakeholders to review and validate the scope of work for TA & projects
• Perform detailed planning, scheduling, resources estimation and allocation, progress and performance reporting in a complex process plant such as:
o Scope out each job through site visits and discussions/meetings with relevant stakeholders to determine the level of planning detail and documentation appropriate for each individual job
o Identify parts and services required to do the job and initiate the ordering process
o Interact with vendors on the technical side
o Generate Bill of Materials and identify materials with long lead delivery
o Issue a bolt joint integrity sheet for each work pack as per CNRL procedure
• Maintain work orders/notifications to provide integrity of history tracking and maintenance repair costs data using the CMMS
• Provide input and continuous improvement of the maintenance, planning, scheduling and data integrity processes and standards
• Participate in the development of the mechanical/static/rotating machinery maintenance plans
• Assist Supply Chain Management group with initiatives for inventory reduction and control through reclassifying and cataloguing material in the CMMS
• Coordinate with maintenance team, engineering support and operations to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities and development of ongoing improvements
• Integrate the safety reviews of the work packages involving all disciplines
• Maintain accurate records and documentation
• Coach Junior Planners in the CMMS and planning process
• Support day to day (Routine Maintenance) planning as required
• Be willing to support weekend coverage on an if required basis
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Interprovincial Red Seal, Technical Diploma, University Degree or equivalent
• Planning certification and proactive/leadership would be an asset
• Mechanical background as Mechanical Engineer, Pipefitter/Steamfitter, Millwright, Boilermaker, or equivalent
• Expertise in:
o Maintenance planning in an upgrader, refinery, or other industrial plant setting
o Planning, budgeting, and estimation
o Maximo or equivalent CMMS
o Microsoft Office Suite
To see related Maintenance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Maintenance
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Are you a returning applicant?
© 2015 Canadian Natural