As a key member of the Planning Team, the High Voltage Planner will contribute to the overall success of the Upgrading and Utilities (U2) business unit by keeping projects on time with realistic and achievable planning initiatives. The role will participate in the overall development of the U2 Maintenance Plan for all High Voltage equipment, which includes substations and powerlines from 13.8kV -260kV, while ensuring that all Maintenance Planning activities in U2 support the wider business needs of Horizon Oil Sands Operations.
This position is based at our Horizon Oil Sands site in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Define and prepare work packages for Electrical/High Voltage Jobs across the Horizon Site
• Manage assigned work orders by priority and completion deadlines
• Perform detailed planning, scheduling, resources estimation and allocation, progress and performance reporting in a complex process plant:
o Scope out each job through site visits and discussions/meetings with relevant stakeholders to determine the level of planning detail and documentation appropriate for each individual job
o Identify steps on the work order
o Identify parts and services required to do the job and initiate the ordering process
• Plan all turnaround & outage related work
• Prepare planned work schedules weekly and for a 6 week look ahead
• Coordinate with all business areas across the Horizon site for power outages and planned work
• Participate in the development of long range plans
• Engage in routine/forced outages and scope of work creation
• Maintain work orders/notifications to provide integrity of history tracking and maintenance repair costs data
• Provide input and continuous improvement of the maintenance, planning, scheduling, and data integrity processes/standards
• Participate in the development of the E&I maintenance plans/work packages
• Assist Supply Chain Management group with initiatives for inventory reduction and control through reclassifying and cataloguing material in the CMMS
• Coordinate with maintenance team, engineering support, and Operations to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities and development of ongoing improvements
• Integrate the safety reviews of the work packages involving all disciplines
• Maintain accurate records and documentation
• Assist in managing PM processes
• Coach Junior Planners in the WO and planning process
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with interprovincial red seal or technologist certification
• Substation and Powerline Experience would be an asset
• Planning certification would be an asset
• Expertise in:
o Maintenance planning in an upgrader, refinery, or other industrial plant setting
o Planning, budgeting, and estimation
o Maximo or equivalent CMMS
o Microsoft Office Suite
To see related Maintenance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Maintenance
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.