Reporting to the Director - Business Development, the Pipeline Operation and Control Coordinator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of two independently operated heavy oil pipelines, controlled by a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system in Calgary.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Work with Calgary control room operators on trouble-shooting of SCADA, Pipeline PLC Controls, and Leak detection and take required proactive measures. Investigation of “system-generated” alarms and alarm thresholds
• Interface with Field Operations to ensure safe and efficient operations and quality control. Ensure meter factors, product quality tests (density, BS&W), and instrumentation calibrations are entered correctly into the computers and/or spreadsheets
• Prepare plans for non-routine operating conditions of pipeline systems and review of control room daily activity reports
• Develop updates to the operating procedure document for the Control center as changes are implemented – pertaining to the day to day operations, leak detection (LDS), or general policies for the group
• Work with field staff on planning & coordinating PM objectives, HOT pressure testing schedule, operator leak tests, block valve tests, metering, instrumentation and integrity inspection on the pipelines
• Work with SCADA team to implement communications upgrades, redundancy testing, HMI/Wonderware/LDS server work, or additions to the SCADA subnet
• Work with engineering and field personnel on EI&C CAPEX and OPEX projects. Prepare drawing updates for controls (electrical/control panel, etc.), shut down keys, P&ID/PFDs
• Assist marketing group in the scheduling and analysis of oil production and pipeline delivery schedule changes
• Demonstrate ability to remain calm under stressful situations while prioritizing and analyzing
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role with SCADA control and instrumentation
• Pipeline Field Operations exposure
• Leak Detection experience
• Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technologist preferred, other designations with strong Electrical knowledge may be considered
• Knowledge and understanding of pipeline operations, flow characteristics, and blending operations is an asset, as well as a good understanding of mechanical and control systems
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills, good analytical skills, and an ability to work reliably and effectively
• Strong computer skills
• Familiarity with HMI graphics packages, PLC, and SCADA software will be considered a definite asset
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis
To see related Oil and Gas Marketing roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Oil-and-Gas-Marketing
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.