SENIOR ANALYST, ENERGY EXPORTS
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to Senior Vice President and General Manager Energy Exports, this position is responsible for working with key stakeholders, providing recommendations and input using analysis and information developed jointly with other subject matter experts including tax, accounting, commercial, legal and operations.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with multidisciplinary project development teams and with foreign business partners and customers
- Build strong and effective customer bonds through positive interaction and tactful negotiations
- Identify new business opportunities including investments, partnerships, joint ventures or growth opportunities within Energy Exports
- Make recommendations and provide input to the Development team using analysis and information developed jointly with other subject experts including tax, accounting, commercial, legal, engineering and operations
- Develop and maintain economic and financial modelling for Energy Export projects
- Research, build and maintain economic, commodity and industry databases
- Assist Stakeholder Relations in developing and managing key relationships with First Nations, Government, Industry, the public and regulatory bodies
- Support team accountable for technical and fundamental analysis on macro trends in energy and economies in both North America and aboard
- Develop expertise in specific global commodities
- Monitor and analyze market performance and communicate key results to key stakeholders and customers
- Strategic and financial analysis of business development opportunities
- Develop new accounts by proactively sharing market information and provide value add services to improve customer relationships
- Contribute to the negotiation & execution of contracts in close cooperation with the Senior Management, Commercial and Business Development teams
- Work with counterparties to achieve the corporate strategies and goals supporting the corporate mission and vision
- Prepare materials for executives, the Capital Review Committee and the Board of Directors
- Post-secondary Certification, Diploma or Degree required
- Professional designations including, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Energy Risk Professional (ERP) considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience
- Experience in Energy Exports, LPG, LNG
- Proficient with financial modeling, including building robust costing & valuation models to support investment business cases presented to top management
- Ability to manage a project by seeing all the relevant parts, and orchestrating activities to reach the desired outcome and meet all the deadlines
- Ability to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
- Project management skills including the ability to work under pressure with strong organization & time management skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.