AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
AltaGas is looking to fill the position of Operations Manager, Gordondale. Reporting to Senior Director Operations, Gas this position is responsible for coordinating, directing, motivating, and growing a multi-disciplinary team. The position is located full time at the Gordondale facility and would require the successful candidate to reside in the Dawson Creek, BC/Spirit River, AB area.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop both annual and long-term operating/maintenance plans, budgets, and capital replacement/upgrade projects in order to attain required availability and reliability
- Develop annual operating budget and monitor and control approved budget
- Develop and support an operating culture which is accountable, collaborative, and entrepreneurial with a focus on bottom line performance and growth
- Provide staff with a sense of AltaGas ownership
- Ensuring employees are consistent in their application of AltaGas policies, procedures and programs for all field staff
- Recruiting, training, retaining and motivating operations personnel to ensure objectives are achieved
- Ensure training plans are developed and maintained for all staff
- Confer with subordinates and other plant personnel on the application of operational and maintenance standards, and adherence to safety standards. Reviews all recommendations for equipment changes and changes to operational/maintenance activities
- Review site safety inspections, accident reports, etc., investigate if necessary and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure the operations meet or exceed all government and industry standards/regulations
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with our internal Codes of Practice
- Provide technical mentoring to employees on construction projects
- Present professional image in dealing with the public, customers and other companies
- Maintain high communication levels with our Commercial team and Customers to ensure their needs are satisfied and to help promote future business
- Participation in key commercial discussions and input on development projects
- Manage projects in the district consistent with our Project Execution Strategy
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- Understanding of midstream operations business model
- Direct Field Operations experience
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in an extraction plant, with proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by your ability to plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility
- Passion and commitment to the training and development of the team
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based applications
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Field construction experience is an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.