SENIOR ANALYST, PENSION AND BENEFITS
AltaGas Ltd. is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture and financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
The Total Rewards team delivers market-competitive Total Rewards programs that attract and retain key talent, and manage and reward performance, providing timely HR reporting and analytics to help manage costs and drive effective people-related decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards this position is responsible for providing expertise and support for the implementation and maintenance of competitive, cost-effective and compliant pension, savings and benefits programs. While this role works across the pension and benefits area, the primary emphasis is on employee and executive pension and savings programs. This role works in close collaboration with HR Business Partners and HR Shared Services to ensure practical, integrated solutions to support business objectives.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain competitive and cost-effective employee retirement and savings plans, policies and programs. Includes DB and DC pension plans, non-registered employees savings plan and supplemental executive retirement plans
- Partner with external providers to maintain programs and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with AltaGas subsidiary companies to ensure compliance and effectiveness of programs across the company
- Support the AltaGas Ltd. Retirement & Savings Committee
- Perform year-end update of plan records, including the reconciliation of the membership and retiree payments
- Calculate benefit and retirement entitlements in accordance with pension plan rules and legislative requirements
- Assist in preparation of annual pension statements
- Review existing programs and provide recommendations on changes that will enhance the employee experience, align with AltaGas values and optimize cost effectiveness
- Develop communications, FAQs and presentations to promote and educate employees on pension and benefits programs
- Develop, implement and evaluate employee extended health, dental, and insurance plans and programs
- Support the new hire process in partnership with HR Shared Services, including providing expertise on programs and available as a point of contact for employees
- Respond to employee questions on pension and benefits programs
- A Senior Analyst with over 10 years of related experience
- Bachelors or Associated Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or related field, with a strong academic record
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) accreditation considered an asset
- Previous experience working in an operating model where collaboration between HR business partners, COEs and HR Shared Services is key to success
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of employee pension and benefits design and administration
- Solid knowledge of pension landscape and regulations across multiple jurisdictions, particularly Alberta and BC
- Knowledge of US pension and savings environment, including plan design and regulations
- Solid depth of experience with employee benefit plan design and maintenance, including competitive reviews and plan design
- Experience working in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment, including expertise with acquisitions & divestitures and their impact on employee pension and benefits plans
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Strong understanding of the financial and legal drivers behind pension and benefits programs.Ability to work effectively with key partners in related functions including Finance, Legal and Tax
- Ability to understand and present complex business issues in a logical and concise manner
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral and strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, JDE & Hyperion
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.