HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
AltaGas Ltd. is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture and financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Manager HR Business Partner, this role is a trusted advisor and partner to leaders, providing people solutions that contribute to the achievement of business strategy and key priorities. This role works in close collaboration with HR COEs and HR Shared Services to ensure the effective deployment of practical, holistic HR solutions in support of business objectives.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and develop influential partnerships with business leaders that enable delivery of strategic business priorities
- Contribute to the identification of people priorities and activities that flow from the business strategy and enhance overall organizational effectiveness
- Coach leaders on strategies to optimize employee retention, engagement and productivity
- Work with leaders on building effective teams and drive alignment of team and individual goals to overall business goals
- Support leaders in effective workforce planning; implement succession and talent reviews to ensure critical resources are in place to execute on key deliverables
- Work with leaders to prioritize opportunities; collaborate with key partners in HR, Communications, IT, and Business Integration teams to deliver practical, integrated solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR COEs and HR Shared Services teams; involve and engage teams to build understanding of client needs and help prioritize work across HR
- Support the Manager HR Business Partner in leading medium to large strategic division or enterprise-wide initiatives, including acquisitions and divestitures, HR and business transformation projects
- Lead, support and sustain change; coach leaders on effective change management practices
- Coach leaders to enhance business performance
- Actively participate as a member of the client leadership team to ensure people and organizational perspectives are considered in all proposed business decisions and organizational changes
- Ensure the Manager HR Business Partner is aware of issues, potential risks, and progress by providing regular updates and feedback related to people matters in the client group
- Project-manage HR cycles such as performance management, compensation, career development, strategic workforce planning, succession planning and business priority setting
- Contribute to the effective onboarding of new leaders and employees in the client group
- Lead the process of employee terminations to ensure risk mitigation, as well as compassion and respect for individuals to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Work collaboratively with leaders and occupational health & wellness on complex disability management cases
- Conduct workplace investigations, create investigation plans, perform interviews and make recommendations
- Provide a reliable and predictable client experience across the organization through consistent application and alignment of HR policies, programs and practices
- Understand applicable government legislation in country or region of operation and ensure HR policies and programs are aligned
- Minimum 10 years Human Resources experience
- A relevantuniversity degree and related work experience in human resources, business administration, organizational effectiveness or other related field
- CHRP designation considered an asset
- Previous experience working in a strategic HR Business Partner role with Corporate Groups, or Operational teams in field locations
- Previous HR COEs and Shared Services teams to deliver practical, effective HR programs and solutions
- Solid experience in the following skills and HR disciplines: consulting and coaching, recruitment and selection, total compensation, building high performance teams, employee relations, performance management, learning and development, communications and project management
- Experience with acquisitions and divestitures; able to plan and manage people activities and concerns across the full deal value chain
- Demonstrated business acumen and internal business partnering skills
- Ability to understand client challenges in the context of the wider organization as well as the overall industry and marketplace in which AltaGas operates
- Proven ability to balance multiple and competing priorities within tight timelines, adeptly plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Strong ability to analyze complex issues and determine the best solution or course of action to meet business needs
- Ability to think systemically and anticipate impacts to other groups, systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels within client area and as a contributing member of the client leadership team
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to provide verbal and written communications clearly, succinctly and persuasively
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.