AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting directly to the Interim Director IT and located at 355 4 Ave SW, Calgary AB, the Director ERP Sustainment’s role is to lead the ongoing quest to realize and maximize value from our investment in JD Edwards (JDE) and associated systems. This is a permanent role which includes a comprehensive compensation package (salary range of $170,000-190,000) including extended health and dental benefits, vision care, short-term incentive plan bonus program, pension and savings programs, etc. This position is also eligible for discretionary annual bonus and merit increases. This role will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of JDE support, as well as provide direction and support for interfaces with JDE that enhance mission-critical business operations. We are looking for depth of knowledge and the ability to evangelize a vision of the future of JDE at AltaGas. This individual will collaborate directly with the executive management team and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
In addition, the Director ERP Sustainment’s primary goals are to develop and manage service level agreements for the user community within the organization. This role also helps to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing JDE initiatives across all areas of the organization.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team
- Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing JDE initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future ERP initiatives across the organization
- Establish JDE sustainment goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Ensure JDE system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations
- Identify opportunities for the efficient and cost-effective on-boarding of acquired assets and organizations
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan for JDE
- Develop and maintain an appropriate JDE sustainment organization that supports the needs of the business
- Develop, track, and control the JDE related annual operating budgets
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
- Keep current with trends and issues in the ERP and JDE application space, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal JDE resources and external entities, including regulators, vendors, and partner organizations
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all JDE staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies
- Act as an advocate for the organization’s JDE vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users
- Develop business case justifications; cost/benefit analyses and associated risks for JDE spending and initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Ensure continuous delivery of JDE services through oversight of service level agreements with end user organizations and monitoring of JDE sustainment and system performance
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the JDE improvement and sustainment project portfolio
- Master's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or business administration with technology as a core component is required
- Proven experience in planning, implementing, and optimizing JDE EnterpriseOne
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with JDE
- Strong understanding of human resource management, supply chain, project costing and finance principles, practices, and procedures
- Experience in strategic planning and execution of IT infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in both written and verbal forms
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, re-engineering, and integration capabilities
- Proven leadership and management ability, minimum 5 years’
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with JDE User Group leadership and associated contacts network
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven experience architecting and designing ERP system
- Experience with complex interfaces with ERP systems, data analytic systems - SCADA, etc.
- Ability to architect and lead in IT solutions projects and initiatives
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers or to Bonnie.Cheung@altagas.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.