AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial and Industrial Marketing, this position is responsible for the marketing of the Commercial and Industrial energy business with aim of providing world class energy marketing and invoicing system services to end users in Western Canada. The successful candidate with be creative and look for opportunities to improve internal processes and analysis techniques as well as explore new markets and prepare for ongoing changes to the Alberta electricity market.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Successful previous experience as an Account Manager or Sales Manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Work closely with the Manager, Billing & Operations to ensure alignment on system requirements, customer service, staffing and succession planning
- Be creative! - suggest new products/services and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction, produce high renewal rates and increase new business
- Ensure business is conducted in alignment with relevant legislation and corporate policy including internal governance, risk, credit, legal, and code of business ethics parameters
- Implement strategic direction of the Commercial and Industrial marketing team to deliver on earnings objectives
- Make sales and customer calls on existing and new target accounts
- Actively train and develops sales team and administrative staff
- Collaborate with sales team to improve marketing strategies
- Develop and maintain key government, industry, and channel partner relationships
- Leverage customer relationships into infrastructure investment opportunities
- University degree with experience related to position (BComm, CA, P.Eng, BMan)
- Experience in sales, marketing, management information systems, retail energy, commodity marketing, and regulatory compliance
- Strong analytical ability and understanding of business systems and process improvement
- 7+ years in power and gas marketing or C&I marketing to end use customers
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.