AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Reporting this position is responsible for enhancing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at AltaGas by developing a pragmatic ERM program that will enable more informed decision-making throughout all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Further the development of the existing ERM program by utilizing industry best practices and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s strategic objectives, key operational levers, and financial business drivers
- Demonstrate leadership through the creation and maintenance of sustainable process to track and effectively report risks to senior executives and board members
- Embed risk management practices within the strategic planning and reporting processes to assist AltaGas management in meeting the organization’s objectives
- Promote the awareness and identification of risk mitigation strategies through the use of Business Plan Initiatives
- Formalize the evaluation of risk attributes and enablers including: risk appetite and tolerance, risk awareness and education, and risk and performance reporting
- Enhance understanding and awareness of risks throughout the organization, including how implementing specific strategic initiatives can help AltaGas manage risks effectively
- Ensure best practice methodologies are being deployed and appropriate subject matter experts are being engaged to provide tangible value to all of AltaGas’ business segments
- Coach others in the organization to drive an increased understanding and awareness of risk and mitigation strategies. Understand and effectively communicate the risks and mitigation strategies throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a natural curiosity regarding the underlying business
- Demonstrate a high-level of professionalism and very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply creativity and initiative to complete unstructured tasks
- Ability to understand complex business issues and present those issues in a logical and concise manner
- Experience in creating board and executive level presentation material
- Very proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MBA, and/or relevant accreditation (i.e. CFA, CPA) will be considered an asset
- 7 to 10 years of experience in:
- Strategic planning, internal reporting, investor relations, internal audit, or risk management roles
- Working with a public energy company, including a broad understanding of the relevant business drivers
- Working with JDE and Hyperion will be considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.