AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Reporting this position is responsible for enhancing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program to integrate a strategic view of risk management into the reporting and planning process for the business.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continue to mature the ERM program utilizing industry best practices and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the operational and financial key business drivers
- Embed risk management practices within the strategic planning and reporting processes to assist management in meeting the organization’s objectives
- Optimize existing management reporting and planning processes by deploying risk management industry best practices
- Promote the awareness and identification of risk mitigation strategies through the use of Business Plans Initiatives to increase the likelihood of meeting the organization’s strategic objectives
- Enhance management’s understanding, awareness, and communication of risks and how implementing specific strategic initiatives can manage risks effectively
- Formalize the evaluation of risk attributes and enablers including: risk appetite & tolerance, risk awareness & education, risk and performance reporting
- Ensure best practice methodologies are being deployed and appropriate subject matter experts are being engaged enhance the ERM program
- Coach others in the organization to drive an increased understanding and awareness of risk and mitigation strategies
- Understand and communicate effectively the risks and mitigation strategies throughout the organization
- Demonstrate leadership through the creation and maintenance of sustainable process to track and effectively reporting risks to senior executives and board members
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a natural curiosity regarding the underlying business
- Demonstrate a high-level of professionalism and very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply creativity and initiative to complete unstructured tasks
- Ability to understand complex business issues and present those issues in a logical and concise manner
- Experience in creating board and executive level presentation material
- Very proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MBA, and/or relevant accreditation (i.e. CFA, CPA) will be considered an asset
- 7 to 10 years of experience in:
- Strategic planning, internal reporting, investor relations, internal audit, or risk management roles
- Working with a public energy company, including a broad understanding of the relevant business drivers
- Working with JDE and Hyperion will be considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.