AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Natural Gas Commercial this position is responsible for the growth, development and delivery of gas marketing strategies and products for AltaGas’ gas marketing business.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a dynamic team of professionals with the objective of growing, developing and delivering gas marketing strategies and products for AltaGas’ gas marketing business.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the marketing team to deliver on earnings objectives by selecting, developing and managing direct reports capable of producing agreed deliverables. Plan for staffing and succession.
- Develop, implement and manage strategic marketing plan for gas business in alignment with corporate objectives, optimizing AltaGas’ existing marketing assets and commercial commitments, and developing and supporting strategies for producer in western Canada’s growing production.
- Ensure business is conducted in alignment with corporate policy including internal governance, risk, credit, legal and code of business ethics parameters.
- University degree with experience related to position (B Comm, CA, Eng, BMan)
- 10 – 15 years in natural gas marketing in Canada.
- Natural gas marketing expertise including a broad understanding of North American markets, commodity hedging, transportation contracts, retail marketing, regulatory framework as well as an excellent reputation for customer service.
- Deeply familiar with management information systems, reporting, regulatory compliance processes and procedures
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.