Analyst, Finance Controls
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated individual to join our Finance Control and Business Process Improvement Group. Reporting to the Manager, Finance Controls, this position will focus on the coordination of planning activities, preparing process documentation, assisting in the designing, improving and implementing processes and controls, and analyzing opportunities for business process improvement. To be successful in this position, you will require strong analytical and problem solving skills accompanied with excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with process owners in Finance, Commercial, Operations, IT, and Tax across the organization to improve business process
- Assist in developing and implementing activities that promote ownership and responsibility for maintaining internal control
- Support the risk assessment, scoping and analysis for identifying processes and controls that support an effective control environment
- Work with control owners to enhance control definitions and evidence of execution that will comply with U.S. SOX 404
- Identify and communicate potential gaps in process or control design
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve efficiency through the elimination of waste and redundant activities and the automation of manual processes
- Execute on project plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and controls
- Assist in the design and execution of a formalized process to assist management in assessing control deficiencies
- Prepare key presentation material for AltaGas' senior management and SOX Committee
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and special projects, proactively anticipating and addressing the needs of senior management
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to other group members
- Working toward or have obtained an advanced designation (CPA, CFA, CIA) with a minimum of four years’ experience
- Experience working in public accounting or in an internal audit function
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deliver clear and relevant insights
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, regularly taking on new responsibilities
- Confident, detail oriented and enthusiastic team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the U.S. SOX 404 requirements would be an asset
- Knowledge of JDE and Hyperion software would be an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.