AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, this position is responsible for the daily oversight of all Gordondale and Pouce Coupe plant operations and production.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing & equipment troubleshooting
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Providing support during off hours & weekends when required
- MOC coordination and tracking
- Participation as OHSE committee member, conducting plant inspections and incident investigations
- Approval of operations work schedule
- Collaboration with maintenance supervisor to identify and prioritize daily tasks
- Assisting with annual budget development and tracking
- Annual participation in ERP exercises
- Working with engineering staff on project development and execution
- Approval and sign-off of operations timesheets
- Participation in area operating committee meetings
- Participation in insurance audits and follow up / tracking of action items
- Reporting and submitting incidents to our H&S and regulators as required
- Hiring of new employees
- Scheduling employee training
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in an extraction plant or gas processing plant, with proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by your ability to plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility
- Passion and commitment to the training and development of the team
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based applications
- Exposure to HSE management systems, PSM systems such as Maximo, will be considered an asset
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.