Senior Analyst, Enterprise Reporting
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Manager Enterprise Reporting this position is responsible for consolidated financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis with a focus on effective general and administrative expense management and developing enterprise-wide cost allocations.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leverage a strong knowledge of the underlying business and related key drivers to create recommendations and support decision-making
- Analyze general and administrative expense information while consolidating the enterprise-wide annual budget, current year forecast, and completing monthly reporting
Provide professional and expert analytical support to Executive Management. Effectively communicate results or recommendations both verbally and in writing
Develop and maintain enterprise-wide cost allocation models. Document model assumptions and results to support regulatory efforts, particularly within AltaGas’ Utilities Segment
Lead the investigation of critical business issues by coordinating analysis with multi-disciplinary teams, with a particular focus on interactions with Human Resources, IT, and Accounting
Develop and maintain structured reporting tools to support the efficient creation of accurate company-wide analysis. Tools focus on the effective utilization of financial information systems (JDE and Hyperion)
Providing support and mentorship to other Financial Analysts in the creation of accurate and meaningful financial modelling and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or a related field
- Relevant accreditation (i.e. CPA or CFA)
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very strong analytical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an intrinsic curiosity regarding underlying business drivers
- Ability to understand complex business issues and present issues in a logical and concise manner
- Very proficient in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- 5 to 10 years of experience in:
- financial analysis, consolidated reporting, or cost allocation modelling
- working with a public company or utility, including in-depth knowledge and understanding of corporate functions
- reporting and forecasting of a large scale organization
- creating Board of Director or Executive level presentation material
- working with JDE and Hyperion will be considered a significant asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes and accompanying cover letters in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.