Reporting to the Director Liquids Supply and Logistics, the Marketing Coordinator supports internal and external stakeholders to maintain, improve, and expand business operations. This position is responsible for ensuring client relations with AltaGas’ agency partners and ensuring accurate system entry of natural gas liquids supply, condensate and transportation transactions in a timely manner.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Commercial team to grow and develop NGL and Condensate supply and sales in markets outside Western Canada;
- Review, maintain and assist with transportation agreements;
- Manage daily and monthly truck and pipeline scheduling, reconciling, nominating, and actualizing of various truck and pipeline accounts for specific accounts;
- Provide price, equalization and volume verifications and balancing reports to agents;
- Ensure proper contract and policy requirements are in place prior to any deal executions;
- Interface and collaborate with various internal AltaGas groups including: Legal, Accounting, Engineering, Corporate Finance, Logistics, and Operations;
- Identify, and execute optimization opportunities across AltaGas’ supply, facilities, and market network;
- Work with AltaGas Operations and Engineering to optimize the commercial value of AltaGas’ NGL assets to reflect the current and future market environment;
- Assist and perform as necessary ad hoc pipe, storage, and truck logistics activities; and
- Maintain a strong understanding of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products, and petrochemical markets and their impacts on NGL market fundamentals and AltaGas’ business.
- Relevant university degree in either Commerce, Economics, Finance, or Engineering;
- 3-5 years of commercial operations experience with a focus on NGL, Condensate, Crude Oil and LPG markets;
- Previous market experience outside of Western Canada will be considered an asset;
- Hands on experience managing midstream facilities including nominations, scheduling and optimizing asset performance;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Ability and aptitude to excel in an unstructured work environment;
- Independent, accountable, and biased to action; and
- Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; self-motivated to deliver exceptional financial results; and a focus on maximizing team performance.