SENIOR SPECIALIST, ITS SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, SMO and EUC, this role will build and develop a set of unified, COBIT-driven, ITSM practices for AltaGas ITS, including Service Strategy and Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continuous Service Improvement, driving operational excellence, sustainability and efficiency by streamlining the IT processes and ensuring good alignment with business needs and requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
IT Service Management (ITSM) and Service Portfolio Management
- Utilize COBIT and ITIL best practices, develop a Service lifecycle strategy to manage across the pipeline of potential new services, all active services and the retirement of services to ensure alignment with business demand and strategic priorities;
- Analyze and recommend emerging ITSM approaches that can provide benefit while reducing risk;
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Establish and refine AltaGas’ next generation Service Portfolio management process to perform the efficient addition, modification and decommissioning of services;
- Develop and facilitate ITSM roadmap across Service Strategy, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continuous Service Improvement areas;
- Conduct strategic analysis to optimize AltaGas’ current Service Portfolio focusing on those services that provide the most value;
- Assist in the development of Service Design Packages to capture information needed to evaluate and manage the IT services across their lifecycle;
- Develop Service Transition processes and procedures in collaboration with Architecture, Operations and Project Management disciplines;
- Manage the Service Transition lifecycle from project initiation through to acceptance by operations;
- Work with Organizational Change Management specialists to effectively plan Service changes;
- Provide detailed Service Transition performance review (i.e. Steering Committee) with internal and external stakeholders/management;
- Proactively & effectively manage transition risks and issues;
- Communicate and engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders such as third-party vendors and managed services providers to ensure Service Transition activities are completed;
- Work with AltaGas’ service delivery managers and leads to expand service level capabilities resulting in improved service quality and timeliness;
- Work with Service Owners and oversee the regular refresh and alignment of AltaGas’ IT Service Catalog to ensure consistency, clarity and effectiveness for customers;
- Educate and support key stakeholders on value stream improvement best practices and techniques (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMMI, Lean and Six Sigma);
- Design analytics and reports to measure effectiveness of ITIL processes;
- Provides ITSM support and guidance to the technical teams;
- Evaluate processes to identify desired outcomes and performance drivers;
- Facilitation of knowledge management best practices including Standard Operating Procedures, manuals and playbooks; and,
- Provide input into and assist with variety of Business Continuity and Risk Management activities.
Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Drive Continual Service Improvement (CSI) activities of ITIL processes by analyzing process performance data and measures, comparing process performance against performance targets, reporting process performance information, and recommending changes to processes, performance measures and/or targets to maximize process performance
- Identify and utilize effective benchmarks to provide references against which Service management process performance can be effectively measured and evaluated
- Conduct detailed analysis of processes and identifies key measures of process performance for base lining and attainment of desired outcomes
- Use a variety of CSI techniques including root cause analysis, pareto analysis, modeling, process reengineering workshops, to support efforts to analyze process performance and look for breakthrough improvements
- Develop and document CSI processes and procedures that are moderate to complex in nature which may span across multiple ITSM Processes
- Assist service and process owners with the development of training articles for new or changed services and processes due to CSI efforts.
What you must have:
- At least 8 years of ITSM experience
- ITIL Certification v3
- Advanced or bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or relevant experience and 10+ years of industry experience
- Understanding of advanced ITSM concepts and the relationships between Processes, Process requirements, and business/IT management needs
- Experience with implementing ITSM processes or tools in coordination with other IT processes and disciplines (e.g. software development, documenting, operations, infrastructure)
- Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts and drive change in processes and behaviors and to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- Professional demeanor with the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency with and knowledge of ITSM-related areas like incident management, problem;
- IT Service Catalog structure, content and principles, as well as service lifecycle stages and requirements
- Understanding the application of governance frameworks and compliance standards: COBIT, ITIL, COSO, CMMI, ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS, SSAE 18/SOC1
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the “Apply” button or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.