Senior Advisor, Investor Relations
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to Director Investor Relations, you will be joining our Finance and Communications team that requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual. You will support the day to day management of the Investor Relations program. If you are a strategic thinker who has a strong background in corporate finance and working with financial statements, this may be the right fit for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the Director, Investor Relations with the implementation and execution of the company investor relations program
- Develop quarterly disclosure materials including press releases, presentations, conference call scripts, key messages, and Q&As for senior management.
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise Reporting and Communications teams to deliver consistent messaging and execution of quarterly reporting and annual general meetings
- Create thoughtful and innovative presentation content for investor meetings and conferences
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of AltaGas’ businesses and operating and financial performance
- Build strong relationships with the sell-side and buy-side analyst community and act as a spokesperson for the company
- Support shareholder and analyst engagements with scheduling, material preparation and periodic attendance on a progressive basis
- Develop responses to analyst and investor requests in a timely manner
- Track analysts and investor interactions, and generate reports for senior management
- Conduct analysis and present recommendations on ways to enhance disclosure
- Monitor and report on market trends, share ownership and peers and prepare presentations for Sr. Management
- Support the Director, Investor relations and provide analysis for the development of the annual marketing plan and investor targeting efforts
- Provide support to finance functions throughout the business (i.e. Treasury, Enterprise Reporting, Budgeting and Planning)
- Maintain and update information for Investor Relations’ webpages
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Management
- Professional designation (CFA, CPA) and/or Master’s level university (MBA) would be considered an asset
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in finance and / or investor relations
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Strong analytical skills, including detailed financial modeling
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and comfortable accepting new responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines which can adjust to changing priorities
- Expertise in Microsoft applications, with an advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Midstream and Utility industries is an asset
Where you’ll be working:
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.