Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
In this role, you will be joining a team that coordinates activities to ensure the integrity of gas plant and gas gathering field pressure equipment is kept to an acceptable level, which allows for safe, efficient, compliant and reliable operations. The Chief Inspector is a member of the Technical Services team and responsible for completion of assigned work orders and projects. The Chief Inspector supports the facilities that fall within the AltaGas Midstream Division. Your role is to ensure that the facilities are operating safely and within regulatory boundaries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make integrity program decisions to determine when the programs indicate integrity is at risk and develop actions to address
- Review integrity program results such as corrosion survey/coupon and process fluid analysis results and provide guidance to operations to help ensure pressure equipment integrity, working closely with chemical suppliers
- Ensure repairs/alterations and new construction activities follow the plants’ Owner/User requirements as established by the Alberta Boiler Safety Association (ABSA), Technical Safety British Columbia (TSBC), and Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK)
- Participate in the Management of Change (MOC) process with respect to facility integrity
- Participate in the completion of work orders as a member of the local technical services team, including review of request, formulation of options, selection of the best option, and completion of work
- Participate in the completion of assigned projects
- Develop and maintain standards related to the implementation of integrity management programs and systems
- Assist in turnaround planning and scheduling as it relates to the AltaGas PEIMS
- Determine inspection intervals of all pressure equipment
- Coordinate the activities of inspection personnel and contrators
- Ensure pressure equipment inspection activities are performed as scheduled by competent personnel
- Prepare scope of work, service contracts, qualifications review, report review, and acceptance for inspection personnel
- Maintain records and documentation on all pressure vessels, pressure piping, and pressure safety valves
- Fabrication shop audits – review of QC documentation, ITP development, program, policy and procedure reviews
- Determine when ABSA/TSBC/TSASK involvement is required or desired
- Liaison with ABSA/TSBC/TSASK on activities concerning pressure equipment, including communication of inspection plans, repair plans, and design registration of new systems
- Involved in or lead internal and regulatory program audit
What you must have:
- Minimum ten years of related experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- API 510 Certification
- API 570 Certification desired
- In-Service Pressure vessel Inspector Certificate of Competency (PESL) for Alberta
- PESL equivalent in BC and Saskatchewan
- Excellent knowledge of ABSA/TSBC/TSASK regulations, ASME, API, CSA Codes and Standards
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of ASME, API, CSA codes
- Understanding of gas plant operations
- Strong oral/written communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Background & continuing development in quality control
- ABSA/TSBC/TSASK interfacing and compliance
- Administration of local PEIMS program
- Strong interface and interaction skills with varied groups
- Coordination of integrity training for plant staff
- Knowledge of and continuing development & certification in quality control/quality assurance systems
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination, NDE, methods and techniques
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.