SENIOR MANAGER, ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Director - Strategy, Governance & Cybersecurity, you will be required to design the organization’s enterprise architecture in alignment with the corporate technological vision and direction, and support the organization’s strategic and operational goals. You will also develop a corporate long-term plan including policies, procedures and standards, with a focus on integrating technology into company operations to increase effectiveness and efficiency, and to generate value for the company’s top line.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide expert technical leadership for the development of strategic directions for ITS architecture, standards, principles, best practices and guides, related initiatives, projects and services
- Lead the organization’s Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice, including definition, implementation, and execution of the processes for the maintenance and conformance management of EA, and updates and maintain the key EA deliverables
- Advise the EA and broader ITS team regarding the direction of existing and potential ITS solutions, emerging ITS program delivery solutions, new ITS products and those which the department should pursue and/or adopt
- Assess business/technical feasibility and impact on future and current solutions, recommend solutions and priorities, and advise on resource requirements
- Oversee strategic annual architecture plans; work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the exchange of information
- Support the business in developing, maintaining and updating its capability models, and its business and technology roadmaps
- In collaboration with the ITS business relationship managers, establish and maintain contacts within business units and ITS programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented, and help to align business initiatives to EA
- In collaboration with the ITS portfolio managers, provide guidance to delivery initiatives:
- Review initiative and project documentation throughout their lifecycle, ensuring compliance with ITS standards and principles
- Lead the definition, implementation and governance of AltaGas systems research/design policies, procedures and standards
- Provide advice regarding interpretation of, and amendments to, AltaGas ITS development policies and procedures
- Provide Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues
- Provide input and help to direct the innovation capability, including ongoing research and assessment of new approaches, technologies and solutions for potential use across the Enterprise
- Provide guidance around architectural risks
- Support the creation and maintenance of the Investment Portfolio and ensure that it is aligned to the business objectives
The Enterprise Architect serves as the company’s subject matter expert in at least one of the following architecture disciplines, as either:
What you must have:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an Enterprise Architect at a major company
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience as a Solution/Project, Business, or Data Architect
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within ITS
- University Degree in applied sciences such as engineering, systems design, computer sciences or business or other related field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners
- A mature and pragmatic perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company
- Business analysis skills
- Technical expertise in one or more architectural domains (business, application, data and/or infrastructure)
- Architecture and process modeling tool knowledge an asset
- Experienced in several technology architecture design or re-design efforts
- Experience with technology procurement
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.