ANALYST, EHS STEWARDSHIP & REPORTING
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Environment Health & Safety, you will responsible to establish, promote, and implement best practices in EHS data stewardship, reporting, analytics and trending.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilize technology platforms to create dashboards and reporting for critical EHS data
- Create data standards, coach towards business data requirements and business rules
- Proficient at technical writing and articulating systemic risks and subsequent mitigation and prevention activities
- Provide balance between leading and lagging indicators
- Track and analyze internal goals and industry benchmarks
- Work collaboratively with business units within Canada and the U.S.A, as well as other functions including but not limited to IT, HR, Legal and Corporate Communications
- Regularly create and assure executive-level EHS reporting, incident reviews, supporting commentary and analysis
- Identify EHS incident trends and provide supporting analysis and commentary
- Maintain EHS metric definitions, corporate EHS key performance indicator standards and supporting materials
- Provide oversight, support and mentorship to each business unit with regards to KPI stewardship reporting
- Ensure data is well-organized, accurate, and timely and follows industry best practices
- There is exposure to opportunities, outside of your regular accountabilities, to increase your knowledge, skills and abilities as well as help build your professional capability and reputation
What you must have:
- Degree or diploma in related field
- Lean Six Sigma and/ or Project Management Professional (PMP) designations, is an asset
- 5+ years of experience fulfilling the role of an EHS Stewardship & Reporting Analyst
- Expertise in building relationships with different key stakeholders within the organization
- Familiarity with web technology and a strong level of general EHS technical knowledge
- Formal education or experience related to EHS stewardship reporting and/ or data analysis and data management
- EHS subject matter expert and field operations experience is an asset
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex data into information that is easy-to-read
- Produce accurate results while managing tight deadlines
- Apply integrity, persistence, and long-term strategic thinking to everyday tasks
- Be curious and flexible, with strong self-motivation
- Drive for self-improvement and continuous improvement of the Company
- Solid problem solving skills related to data quality, data management, change management and error prevention
- Subject matter knowledge of EHS management systems and midstream/ downstream oil and gas operations
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with senior leaders, operations and technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to leverage multiple technology tools to create and maintain necessary data stewardship outputs
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.