JOIN THE RENOWNED CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History (CMH) and the Canadian War Museum (CWM), Canada’s largest museum institution offers you a place to develop your career, while enjoying an inclusive, challenging and energizing work environment and the opportunity to accomplish meaningful work within a Crown corporation dedicated to preserving, promoting and exploring Canada’s rich history, current life in Canada and the cultural diversity of its people.
We are looking for a Training Specialist!
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Planning, developing and implementing required programs and content training for employees such as orientation, interpretation techniques, visitor experience content (including in-gallery activities, tours, school programs, etc.) and developing standards and approaches in live interpretation and animation;
• Evaluating the quality of training and the learning outcomes of individual employees through a variety of methods;
• Contributing to the advancement of training theory and principle.
What we are looking for:
• Client focus approach;
• Team player and highly collaborative;
• Autonomous and flexible;
• Knowledge of adult education practices:
• Knowledge of museum interpretation techniques.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in:
• Training adults;
• Planning and developing training plans and materials;
• Delivering training and evaluation activities;
• Working and interacting with the public.
Education: Diploma in Education, Museum Studies, Social Sciences, Humanities or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted.
Compensation: $48,801 to $63,105
Job number: 10141
Status: Temporary Full-Time Position – Up to October 2020 (replacement of an employee on assignment)
Location: 100, Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Language: CBC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their application, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
If you are a talented, driven and experienced Training Specialist, we would love to hear from you! Visit www.historymuseum.ca/jobs and select “Current Job Opportunities.” Apply no later than April 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.