System Readiness Manager, Emergency Management, Saskatchewan
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a System Readiness Manager, Emergency Management (EM).
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Emergency Management, Saskatchewan (SK), the incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining effective provincial systems, tools, processes and training to ensure our workforce is prepared for disasters, and readiness metrics are being met and are in harmony with provincial and National priorities, targets, tools, and standards. This systems-inclined, flexible, and highly-motivated individual will supervise staff and volunteers while also working collaboratively with the Emergency Management team to meet programmatic goals and priorities across the province as appropriate and as it relates to technical guidelines and standards.
In times of response and recovery, is part of the response roster and may be called upon to fill roles within the emergency response structure and may require deployment away from home or may cover additional business continuity duties.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Flexibility: alternative work arrangements and paid time off for those “life happens moments.”
Employee Benefits: comprehensive health and dental plan, pension plan with matching contributions and competitive vacation entitlements.
Meaningful Work: the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations.
Who you are:
- You are systems oriented – you take a systems thinking approach and are technically strong.
- You are adaptive – you are able to navigate the unexpected, respond to changing needs and apply lessons learned.
- You are a strong communicator – you are able to adapt your communication style to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization and stakeholders.
- You are analytical – You have strong critical thinking skills and are comfortable to analyze trends and make recommendations
In this role you will:
- Provide guidance, leadership, orientation, and coaching to personnel administering EM systems ensuring SK are in harmony with National standards, systems, and tools.
- Act as the Emergency Management Information System (EMIS), Emergency Response Management System (ERMS), Duty Officer (DO), and Contact Center focal point for SK on national working groups
- Work with Operations and Learning & Development to ensure orientation to systems protocol for field personnel is carried out in an effective and meaningful way.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to effectively utilize CRC systems to support services to beneficiaries in collaboration with other humanitarian agencies and government partners
- Provide recommendations to the EM Provincial Operations Manager on actions to be taken to minimize the impact of process change on personnel and other related processes
- Ability to read, interpret, synthesize large amounts of new information to produce briefing notes, reports, proposals and options for senior management is required
- Manage and evaluate, in collaboration with the Provincial Operations Manager, Emergency Management, the implementation of new business processes across SK, provide recommendations on corrective action and process alignment
- Work with EM Provincial Operations Manager to implement and monitor the Provincial Emergency Response Plan, ensuring its alignment with the National Response Plan, the Foundations Document and Technical Standards guidelines.
- Serve as an on-call staff support on seven-day shifts as required. When on-call, carry a cell phone and answer any calls within five minutes to support the provincial duty officer.
- Support 24/7 response capacity throughout the province and territory for domestic and international disasters through implementation of effective disaster response systems.
- Work with emergency management field personnel to lead and ensure harmonization and suitability of systems with field operations and teams as needed in disaster response.
- Participation in, and deployment to, disaster response operations within the province and across the country
- Plays a key role in large disasters in Canada as needed.
We’re looking for:
- Graduate level University degree and a University level or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines; emergency management, administration, planning and evaluation, social sciences including community development, volunteer management, or a related field.
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of job-related experience at a program interface and systems related level
- Ability to function effectively in a matrix environment balancing the expectations and needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Innovation, business acumen, influence and personal accountability
- Strong project management, problem solving, evaluation and analytical skills
- Fluent in various computer applications and software including the MS Office Suite, Share Point, data bases, talent acquisition software. Experience in scheduling software is an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical capacity, and consultative skills.
- Ability to work within a team and build team cohesion.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent operational planning and process mapping skills
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Travel throughout the region and province, however travel outside the province is anticipated
- Work non-traditional hours, and the performance of on-call duty to respond to emergency/disaster related events
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.