The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, is seeking a Client Caseworker to join our Response and Recovery team in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The incumbent will work with individual clients that were affected by the 2016 Wildfire in Fort McMurray, assessing their needs and offering the appropriate assistance to these individuals. This role plays a pivotal role in the recovery of the community in Fort McMurray.
You will Enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
- Meaningful Work: you will be making decisions and developing strategy that will create an impact for a community and clients in need.
Who you are:
You are client focused – You provide comfort and care to clients in need, while displaying patience and understanding in dealing with upset clients. You can work with the clients to determine the best fit for their needs.
You are a team player – You’re willing to share information with the team, as well as be approachable and willing to discuss feedback on client files. You like to build strong relationships with your team and help when needed.
You are adaptive – Recovery within a community is always adapting and changing; the needs of the clients will change on an everyday basis. You can easily shift gears from complex meetings with clients, to file management, to group discussions daily.
You are a strong communicator- You can adapt your communication style to work with a variety of clients. You are an active listener, and able to find a solution while ensuring the client understands the services available to them.
You have a strong attention to detail – You have accuracy in completing forms and completing the necessary paperwork. You are able to manage files and provide detailed notes for each client.
In this role you will:
Conduct client needs assessments to determine immediate, short, and long term needs of clients, as appropriate
Provide appropriate services as assigned, based on the technical standards and the national guidelines
Communicate and report on progress, as appropriate, to the Case Management Supervisor
Provide comfort and support to the clients in need
Complete necessary paperwork and maintain the confidential files
Prepare recommendations for assistance to management
Participate in and contribute to team-based case management activities to provide a coordinated effort in meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the affected community
Works with clients to identify gaps in their ability to provide for their basic needs; includes the Case Management Supervisor in the more challenging cases
Coordinates referrals to partner agencies and other community-based groups or advocate for the clients
Coordinates for transition of virtual and physical case work files in Fort McMurray.
We’re looking for:
- One to three years of related work experience
- Knowledge and experience in Social Work, counseling or victim services, and critical incident stress management fields
- Educational background in a related field is an asset
- Well-developed listening, assessment and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the Canadian Red Cross role within a disaster
- Ability to provide comfort and care to the clients in need
- Able to meet tight deadlines, balance multiple priorities and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willing to take initiative and ownership of work, while completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide detailed and accurate records for all client files, understanding that every file is different with many levels of complexities.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail address and password below to login. Once logged in, you will be able to see the status of your prior applications and apply for new positions. If the login fails with one email, please try all other possible email addresses you may have used in the past.