Manager - Research Programs , AJF - UAE Nationals are prefered
- Spearheads planning, design, launch and delivery of Research Programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Leads the evaluation of Programs by monitoring activities on a regular basis in support of optimum utilization of approved grants and Programs’ effectiveness.
- Reports evaluation findings to the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and recommends changes to enhance the Programs, as appropriate.
- Leads risk assessment of Programs to identify and evaluate risks associated with Program activities and takes appropriate action(s) to mitigate the risks, as approved.
- Researches and identifies new Research Programs and initiatives, as needed, and develops robust proposals to obtain funding/grants and requisite approvals for continuous delivery of services.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for Research Programs and initiatives, as well as secures subsequent approvals.
- Partners with the Marketing and Communications department to develop communication for launching and advertising the Programs in line with the mission of the organization.
- Nurtures strong relationships with external institutions, universities, health care providers, and government organizations, etc. with the aim to build and develop partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Attends community meetings, events, and conferences.
- Supports the Director to develop and implement policies, systems and processes in line with the evolving needs of the organization.
- Closely follows-up on Research programs with stakeholders to ensure activities are completed within the approved timelines and policy framework. Stakeholders include grant recipients, researchers, scientists, IPRs, SMEs, SAC, etc.
- Prepares periodic reports and statistics on the performance and progress of Research programs and initiatives in line with the Research mandate.
- Designs new reports, conducts data analyses and presents Research Information, as needed by the Director, to fulfill the reporting needs of the senior management.
- Supports the Director with the development & implementation of AJF Research strategy and policies in line with the mandate of AJF.
- Programs Coordination and Execution from Start-to-End
- Knowledge of research administration/grant award process
- Event Management
- Microsoft Office and database management Skills
- People Management and Development
- Management Excellence
- Policy Design
Minimum Qualification required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, in health sciences, life sciences, public health, biomedical, biological sciences or related medical fields.