Our Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) office in Toronto, ON is looking for a Senior Civil or Geological Engineer to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group in the Ontario marketplace, and worldwide. KCB’s goal is to assist clients in the assessment, design and development of interesting projects across the world, many of which are in extremely challenging environments.
We are looking for motivated individuals with experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary project teams, managing projects, mentoring and training staff, sustaining excellent client relationships, and further developing the business.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help develop, train, and mentor junior and intermediate level staff.
- Work with our team of industry leading geotechnical and hydrotechnical engineers.
- Lead projects focused on dam design, mining geo-structures, and operations support.
- Apply your technical skillset to the development of practical design solutions.
- Manage and execute project management duties, including project reports, and presentations.
- Support marketing and business development efforts, sustain client relationships and develop new business.
- Travel to project sites worldwide, and to KCB offices in Canada, Australia, and Peru.
- Benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence.
If you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or geological engineering, are registered or are eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario and have 10 years’ or more of related work experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to tailings and water retaining dam design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Technical knowledge and experience in site characterization, and civil or geotechnical design. Experience with applicable legislation, regulations, and standards within Canada. International experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Ontario market for consulting engineering
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills.
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence.
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability and interest in travelling domestically and internationally.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We support, accommodate and are committed to all aspects of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1353-M18.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.