The Lima office of Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. (KCB) is looking for Tailings Engineers to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group and contribute to our other global operations. KCB’s goal is to assist clients in the assessment, design and development of interesting project across the world, many of which are in extremely challenging environments. We are looking for motivated individuals with experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary project teams, managing projects, mentoring and training staff, sustaining excellent client relationships and further developing the business.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services
- Work with our team of world recognized tailings engineers
- Lead projects focused on tailings management design with conventional or alternative technologies, dam design, mining geo-structures and operations support
- Prepare and review technical reports, drawings, specifications, bill of quantities, and cost estimates
- Manage and execute project management duties including project reports and presentations
- Develop, train and mentor junior and intermediate level staff
- Support marketing and business development, sustain client relationships and develop new business
- Travel to project sites worldwide, and to other KCB offices in Canada, the US, Australia and Brazil, as well as project sites in Asia and Africa.
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology, are registered or able to register as a Professional Engineer or related designation, and have 5+ years of tailings management or dam experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to tailings management and dam design in the mining industry
- Knowledge and experience with applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines and standards within Peru and internationally. International experience is considered an asset
- High quality verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Portuguese is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills
- Project management skills commensurate with years of experience
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Availability to travel within Peru and internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd., a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, the US, Australia, Peru and Brazil.
From our offices in Lima, Peru, KCB’s Mining Environmental Group works on challenging projects throughout Peru and South America, and assists other offices on international projects in Africa, Australia-Asia, and North America. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada's Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1310-M17.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.