KCB is seeking a Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Australasia group, in our Brisbane office.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an internationally renowned engineering team, across a diverse range of mining-focussed domestic and international projects. This is a salary-based position, aimed at professionals with a drive to develop a career as part of an established team.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your geotechnical engineering background to fulfill a technical role focussed on the investigation, design, construction and closure of mine waste management facilities, such as tailings storage facilities and waste rock dumps, and related mine infrastructure. Typical services you will provide include:
- Planning, coordination, supervision, interpretation and reporting of field investigation programs including; desktop reviews, field mapping, test pitting, drilling, sampling and testing.
- Analysis and design of mine waste management facilities including modelling using software packages such as GeoStudio, Rocscience, AutoCAD, etc. and in-house analytical tools. In-house training of these modelling platforms and analytical tools will be provided as required.
- Preparation of engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bill of quantities.
- Monitoring and supervision of bulk earthworks construction for quality assurance and providing on-the-ground design advice to clients and contractors.
- Support with project management and client management duties for projects as required.
In addition to the services listed above you will also be required to:
- Operate in accordance with KCB’s Quality Management System and Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Provide support to other KCB offices for both Australian and offshore based assignments, as project demands require.
- Be able to achieve professional registration such as RPEQ or CPEng, etc.
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree from a recognised Tertiary institution and experience in engineering design of mine waste management facilities. Some experience in geotechnical numerical modelling such as the finite element method (e.g. Plaxis) or the finite difference method (e.g. FLAC) will be viewed favourably.
We value your
- work ethic
- initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to operate autonomously and within group environments
- flexibility in skillsets and experience
- team work and ability to interact with other technical disciplines
- energy and passion
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, and the United Kingdom. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. Our Australasian Group services mining, energy and government clients, with our regional area of operation comprising Australia, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Nationally, we have a large team of engineers, hydrogeologists, geochemists and specialist modellers with a strong industry reputation and broad experience base.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018).
Apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter at www.klohnjobs.com, job reference number 1300-D17.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.