Our Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) office in Toronto, ON is looking for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group in the Ontario marketplace, and worldwide.
KCB’s goal is to assist clients in the assessment, design and development of interesting projects across the world, many of which are in extremely challenging environments.
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated civil engineering professional interested in working on projects from concept to operation, and who excels in multi-disciplinary project teams.
You will be exposed to world-class technical challenges and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. You will also have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set managing projects, mentoring and training staff, and sustaining excellent client relationships while developing the business.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- Help develop, train, and mentor junior and intermediate level staff
- Work with our team of industry leading hydrotechnical and geotechnical engineers
- Lead projects and act as a key technical resource on dam design and water routing projects
- Apply your technical skills to the development of practical design solutions
- Manage and execute project management duties, including project reports, and presentations
- Support marketing and business development efforts, sustain client relationships and develop new business
- Visit project sites, gathering information as required to complement design activities
- Benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence
If you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil engineering, are registered or are eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario and have 10 years’ or more of related work experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to tailings and water retaining dam design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. Effective verbal and written English communication skills are a must.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the field and on design teams. Experience with applicable legislation, regulations, and standards within Canada. International experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in the design of surface water management structures and systems, earthworks projects, dam diversions and sediment and erosion control, from feasibility through to issue for construction packages (including reports, drawings, and technical specifications)
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of products, experience in software packages such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hy-8, and Goldsim
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Ontario market for consulting engineering
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Ability and interest in travelling domestically and internationally, occasionally to remote environments with limited communication or logistical support
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the US and UK.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We support, accommodate and are committed to all aspects of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1410-M19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.