Klohn Crippen Berger is a globally recognised engineering and geoscientific consultancy. Our Mining Environmental Group services clients in Canada, the United States, South America, Africa, and Europe. Our environmental and geosciences group in Ontario is the service hub for our mining and non-mining clients, with a high-quality client portfolio, and a range of technically diverse and challenging projects.
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Intermediate/ Senior Environmental Geoscientist based in our Sudbury or Toronto office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our local and international geoscience practice.
The role is varied and includes project and client management, general consulting, technical project execution skills, and contribution to industry practice through participation in industry associations, technical presentations, and/or research-based projects. In this role, you will contribute to a growing technical team and will be responsible for mentoring and developing others. The opportunity to develop your own career in a fast paced and technically challenging environment is real, and we’re looking for the right candidates to join our journey.
This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to:
- Manage projects and clients and lead the technical inputs for a range of geoscience and permitting projects.
- Perform desktop assessments: including data collection, interpretation, site investigation planning and co-ordination, client and regulatory liaison.
- Supervise field programs including drilling and testing programs, water sampling, soil sampling, or construction management.
- Collaborate with our team of engineers and scientists across the organization on multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop, train and mentor junior staff.
- Be entrepreneurial and develop clients and business through marketing and business development activities.
- Travel domestically and internationally to meet project needs
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- Be a team player and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and in person.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in environmental and geochemical assessment and design working in mining or other resource industry environments.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in environmental chemistry, geochemistry, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering, eligibility to be registered as a professional (eg. P.Geo., or P.Eng.).
- Be a member in good standing with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. Designation, Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated report writing and project management skills.
- Experience with geochemical characterization, water quality, impact assessments, field investigation design, and laboratory test programs.
- Experience in permitting and environmental assessment in Ontario and Canada with a strong working knowledge of environmental legislation under provincial and federal agencies.
- Experience with best management practices, construction environmental monitoring, environmental program management and environmental management plans.
- Ability to liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and team members at all levels
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the US and UK.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We support, accommodate and are committed to all aspects of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Candidates with a drive for team-oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long-term career, are especially encouraged to apply.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1415-M19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.