As a Senior Civil or Water Resources Engineer and Team Lead of Klohn Crippen Berger’s (KCB) Infrastructure Group, you will use your exceptional technical, project management, people-management, and client liaison skills to, not only inspire and expand our team in Calgary, but also advance your career aspirations in a growing international enterprise.
Through your solid reputation in the industry and with clients, you will bring in and execute water resources, river engineering, water storage, mine water and stormwater management, and irrigation projects in the infrastructure, municipal, hydropower, oil sands and mining, sectors. You will be leading, mentoring, and training a well-regarded, highly engaged, and diverse team of professional hydrotechnical, civil, and geotechnical engineers, environmental scientists, technologists, and technicians.
This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the Infrastructure group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have at minimum a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 15 years of related experience in Civil and Water Resources Engineering, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Passion for continuous learning and drive toward long-term success.
- Strong inter-personal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train, mentor and engage young professionals and foster teamwork.
- Proven long-standing working relationship with clients and reputation for delivering quality work.
- Technical excellence, proven experience, and extensive first-hand analysis, design and construction experience in taking projects from concept through detailed design, tendering, construction, and commissioning.
- Proven time management, project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet project schedules and budgets.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering design standards, codes and manuals, best practice guidelines, construction specifications, and engineering drawing standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English including your demonstrated capabilities in writing proposals, technical reports, and construction specifications.
- Involvement on technical societies and associations.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop contacts, market, and expand our business.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a privately owned multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the infrastructure, hydropower, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, and environmental sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, USA and the United Kingdom.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and the UK, our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1416-A19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.