As a Senior Civil or Geotechnical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects involving the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities for the Mining and Energy Resources Sector. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering skills. This role will provide you with excellent technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Manage projects, lead multidisciplinary project teams and mentor junior engineers
- Lead projects including the development, review and approvals of technical specifications, drawings and design reports and tender packages for major tailings dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects.
- Provide input into and prepare conceptual detailed engineering designs, engineering studies, feasibility studies and condition assessments
- Work closely with clients from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation stages of the project lifecycle
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business
- Work in a wonderful small company culture
- Travel within Australia, and internationally to various field locations
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Queensland or CPEng, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree civil or geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of related experience in the energy, mining or related industries, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams
- Strong business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada and Peru.
From our offices in Brisbane and Perth, our Australian operation work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line .
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.