Our Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) office in Sudbury, ON is looking for Civil/Water Resources Engineers with experience working in project teams and keen on developing hands on experience.
As a follow-on to the design, construction and commissioning of their award winning dam and water management project for a large urban tailings disposal facility, KCB is currently engineering major improvement works for a number of dams. You will be responsible for assisting with the investigations, design, and construction management of major dam stability upgrades, water management surface works, and mine waste management structures. Engineering of facilities to allow mine closure and promote reclamation also form a large component of the work of the Sudbury KCB office.
We are looking for highly skilled, motivated civil and water resources engineering professionals interested in working on local and international projects from concept to operation and who excel at working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
You will be exposed to world-class technical challenges and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We offer unparalleled career growth for the right individuals in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence, in line with the Mining Industry commitment to social responsibility and sustainability. You will have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set in field and office engineering tasks and become part of a small integrated group of senior and intermediate engineers and scientists.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design and engineering
- act as a key technical resource within a multidisciplinary project team environment that fosters career development
- actively participate on projects focused on design and remediation of tailings management facilities and water management systems
- develop and train junior level staff
- benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering and environmental excellence
- travel within Canada and internationally
If you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in water resources or civil engineering, are registered or able to register as a Professional Engineer, and have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in civil engineering and design, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, calculations and design
- design of surface water management structures and systems, earthworks projects, dam diversions and sediment and erosion control from feasibility through to issue for construction packages (including reports, drawings, and technical specifications)
- experience in software packages such as HEC-SSP, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and GoldSim
- analytical skills
- strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and your contribution to project management
- effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- willingness to further expand your knowledge in a continual learning environment
- excitement about developing adaptive design solutions to meet client’s needs and the environment
- ability to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally to remote environments with limited communication or logistical support
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
From Sudbury , our main regional office in Ontario, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Calgary and Edmonton, AB; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Lima, Peru; Belo Horizonte, Brazil; Brisbane and Perth, Australia and Phoenix, Arizona. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We support, accommodate and are committed to all aspects of employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Sudbury is a well-established mining centre in close proximity to some of Eastern Canada’s major city centres . A family friendly, welcoming town with a focus on outdoor recreation and affordable living, with all the amenities of a big city. Sudbury offers activities for diverse interests and a dynamic environment to grow your career.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1421-M19.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.