Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is looking for Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer(s) to work on hydroelectric, water resources and other civil infrastructure projects in a multi-disciplinary project team environment. Candidates that can demonstrate appropriate design and field experience will have an excellent opportunity to grow with the company and to become one of the company’s leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects. The position is based in Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. We are seeking experienced Civil Engineers with strong technical design skills in hydrotechnical and water resources engineering. The ideal candidate should also have familiarity and understanding of other disciplines, such as geotechnical and structural engineering, and how the various disciplines relate to one another in a multidisciplinary project. The candidate will be required to manage projects and team personnel and should possess the necessary management, communication and organizational experience. Candidates should be able to work and communicate effectively with clients, senior management, peers and subordinates.
KCB offers the opportunity for individuals to grow within the company and to be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
Duties will include:
- Working with diverse teams of engineers, designers and drafters from project planning, to detailed design and through construction.
- Short field assignments.
- Acting as a technical resource within their project team(s).
- Reporting progress to our clients and to our senior management at regular set intervals.
- Being part of field investigation teams, gathering information as required to complement the related design activities, or completing design compliance.
- Ability to coordinate and drive issues to the end by proactive communication with other engineers.
- Maintaining quality throughout a project.
- Preparing regular project summary reports.
If you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering and/or Hydrotechnical Engineering, with minimum 10 years of broad-based design experience supported with field experience, including a track record of solid results in hydropower engineering or in other heavy civil projects with similar requirements, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registration in Canada or meets the requirements for such registration and attains registration within 6 months.
- An in-depth knowledge of hydropower facilities and demonstrated experience in the project design and in the field of facilities including all structures related to waterways, powerhouses, spillways and dams.
- Ability to understand multi-discipline design aspects of hydropower projects and interface effectively within the multi-discipline design team of a large project.
- Proven ability to work within a project design team and also having the skills necessary to motivate, lead and manage design team professionals.
- Strong technical design skills in one field of Civil Engineering.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills in English, with demonstrated competent report writing skills.
- Project management experience in a technical project delivery setting.
- The ability to work on several projects in parallel.
- The ability to work under pressure under tight time lines.
- The ability to keep track of project budgets and schedule.
- Ability to travel within Canada & Internationally for assignments.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru and the US. KCB is one of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario; Fredericton, New Brunswick, Phoenix, Arizona; Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well internationally).
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include environmental, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and geotechnical engineering.
- Our hydroelectric team does all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects
- Our structural capabilities include bridge design and rehabilitation, seismic design, and all elements of heavy industrial engineering
- Our ports and harbors group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally
- Our resource sector design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings and pumping/pipelines projects for mining and oil sands clients both in Canada and internationally
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1424-P19.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.