The Lima office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires an Intermediate or Senior Groundwater Modeler to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced Water Resources team, servicing clients in the mining, water supply, and oil and gas sectors in Peru and throughout the South American Region. Our Lima Water Resources team is experiencing substantial growth, driven by our high-quality services that is recognized by our clients and rewarded through repeat business.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- join a dynamic team of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to working together to deliver high quality engineering and environmental services
- develop groundwater models for mining projects at various stages of development, ranging from exploration phase through mine closure
- learn and expand your skills through interaction with our international team of groundwater modelers, and our local experts in hydrogeology and geochemistry
- provide design support for water supply and hydroelectric dam designs
- support environmental projects for impact assessments and regulatory compliance
- rise to the challenge and think outside the box
- mentor and train junior professionals
- travel domestically and internationally to meet project needs
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Geology or Hydrogeology and have 4 to 10 years of experience in groundwater modeling, we want to hear from you.
Although our work is largely centered in South America, in this role you will work regularly with our experienced groundwater modelers from Canada and Australia, and the ability to communicate clearly in English is a requirement for this role. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish. Relocation assistance may be available for exceptional candidates.
We value your:
- experience building and calibrating groundwater models using industry-standard software including MODFLOW and FEFLOW
- experience with other modeling software packages, model code manipulation, solute transport modeling and automated model calibration (e.g. using PEST)
- familiarity with GIS packages (e.g. ARCGIS, MapINFO), geological modeling software, programming, and other support software such as Surpac, Rockworks, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- ability to create realistic conceptual hydrogeological models as a basis for groundwater model construction
- familiarity with water balance and the GoldSim platform
- experience with project planning, including the ability to accurately estimate the time necessary to complete model build, calibration, and simulations; the ability to complete projects within the assigned budget is essential to our success
- previous field experience involving hydrogeological assessments, including hydraulic testing and design for applications such as dewatering, seepage mitigation, well field layout and optimization, etc. will be highly regarded
- experience conducting seepage assessments using seepage modeling software including SEEP/W and HYDRUS
- strong initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- energy and passion for developing and servicing world class projects
- excellent verbal and written English communication skills; Spanish and Portuguese language skills are considered an asset
Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, the US, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
From our offices in Lima, Peru, KCB's Mining Environmental Group works on challenging projects throughout Peru and South America, and assists other offices on international projects in Africa, Australia-Asia, and North America. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1433-M19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.