As a Geotechnical / Civil Engineer, you will be joining our close-knit Geotechnical/Civil Engineering team working on world-class mining projects which are at the leading edge of emerging technologies in the industry. In this role, you will collaborate with our talented professionals who are committed to delivering high quality engineering solutions to our clients.
KCB is an established, award winning company with a global influence whose success is based on delivering solutions to the toughest technical challenges facing our clients. KCB continues to grow and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada, United States and internationally. This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the Resources Group in Alberta and Saskatchewan and advance your career in our One Team culture that values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects including tailings dam design, mine and tailings planning support, mine pit slope design, embankment dams and earthworks design, site characterization, geohazard risk assessment and control, terrain analysis, slope stability assessments, seepage analyses, numerical modeling, and foundation design.
- Lead project designs including the preparation of technical reports and the development of construction drawings and tender packages.
- Build and develop strong relationships with our Clients, our multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Use your problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions to technical issues.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry.
- Work in a dynamic One Team company culture that supports career development.
- Contribute to the growth of the Resources Group and engage and mentor junior staff.
- Travel primarily in Western Canada and potentially to our overseas project locations.
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of related tailings and dam engineering experience in mining, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive towards achieving long-term success.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to engage, train and mentor young professionals.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to travel and passion for learning.
- Ability to work in a performance focused, collaborative team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing technical reports and preparing tender documents.
- Experience in various design software, such as Slope/W or Seep/W.
- Experience with 2D and 3D numerical modeling programs relating to slope stability and deformation analysis such as Clara or FLAC.
- Ability to execute projects to meet Client requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients.
- Strong business acumen.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, and Saskatoon, our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the, Mining, Oil Sands developments, Water, Power and Transportation markets, and Oil and Gas industry. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1437-A19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.