As a Senior Marine Civil Engineer in our Power & Transportation (P&T) group you will have the opportunity to work on marine / ports engineering and civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in the Vancouver office where many of KCB’s larger infrastructure design projects are undertaken, a principal focus being KCB’s ports and marine engineering business, you will report to a Senior Department Manager and be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
This opportunity is ideal if you have strong technical design skills as well as effective management, communication and organizational skills to manage projects and teams, and are looking to progress into a senior leadership role. You will have excellent opportunities to grow with the company and become one of the company’s future leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- provide engineering designs for civil infrastructure projects (ports, harbours and bridges)
- work with diverse teams of discipline managers, engineers, designers and drafters
- manage projects and be responsible for completion on schedule and financial performance
- act as a technical resource and as a mentor to junior / intermediate staff
- write, compile and review technical reports and fee proposals to clients
- be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement design activities
- maintain quality throughout a project and implement improvements when determined
- prepare regular project summary reports
- encourage growth within the group and increase the general knowledge base throughout the company
- develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients
- travel within Canada and internationally
If you have a Canadian P.Eng. professional registration with eligibility for registration in B.C. and have a minimum of 15 years of broad-based engineering experience in cluding a track record of solid results in ports engineering and in other heavy civil/structural projects with similar skills requirements, we want to hear from you. In addition, a P.E. (USA) professional designation would be an asset.
We value your:
- excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and strong report writing skills
- technical design experience and expertise in marine civil works design; seismic analysis and design; wave climate, mooring and berthing analyses; piled / other wharf structures; foundations and earthworks
- proven ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within large multi-discipline design teams (marine, civil, environmental, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical)
- familiarity with team staff resourcing and construction scheduling for large construction projects
- proven ability to effectively motivate a group of professionals and communicate with staff at all levels
- proven ability to work effectively and build strong relationships with clients
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products and industry standard tools for technical analyses
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, marine, bridges, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, the US and UK. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit provides multi-discipline engineering services for projects in a variety of market sectors. Our Engineering disciplines include civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, and hydrotechnical engineering, and environmental services.
- Our hydroelectric team performs all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects.
- Our ports and harbours group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
- Our structural team designs and rehabilitates; performs seismic analyses and design; and completes all elements of heavy industrial engineering.
- Our bridge engineering group designs new bridges, rehabilitates bridges, and performs construction engineering.
- Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1441-P19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.